Friday, February 3, 2017

Up in the Morning





"Up in the morning's no for me
up in the morning early"
If I'm disturbed before 'tis noon
you're sure to find me surly

I am nocturnal in my soul
don't miss the sun arising
I spend my eves with muse and pen
which isn't so surprising

I love to sit and watch the stars
the constellations shining
I lose myself in thoughts of love
for which my heart is pining

So leave me to  my late night play
no "up in the morning early"
If I'm disturbed before 'tis noon
You're sure to find me surly



'Ellecee"


Inspired by the poem
Up in the Morning Early - Robert Burns
and written for


.




7 comments:

  1. Whistles!!❤️💜This is absolutely splendid writing, Linda! I love how you have added the essence of Burn's poem into your own! Especially adore; "I love to sit and watch the stars the constellations shining I lose myself in thoughts of love for which my heart is pining." Thank you so much for participating at Prompt Nights and for your constant love and support❤️💜


    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!!! while i am defintely a dawn person

    nice poem

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely drawn insight. Marvelous writing style

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so delightful, absolutely beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I echo your lines!

    I love that your words and Burns' merge so well. The tone and rhythm never break, but your voice remains loud and true in the piece. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being nocturnal is being stable in the quiet of darkness where it is peaceful and nice.Great LC!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just the opposite. My muse is a morning muse. Could we trade?

    ReplyDelete