Monday, April 2, 2018

No Second Chance

Can I borrow metaphors
from imaginary toads?
To explain my no second chance
for another life
Another chance to wax eloquent
Another chance to make up
for lost causes
Is there,
unbeknownst to me,
a reprieve?
My DNA lingering
within my children,
my grandchildren,
my great-grandchildren
yet unborn
How long be that?


Ellecee





In response to today's promnpt from imaginary garden with real toads

 ''second," in any of its forms, is your prompt for today.  To name a few: second helpings, second chances, coming in second, seconding a motion, second sight, a second set, second in line, second child, second growth, second to none, only a second, seconds to go.....  (Of which there are approximately 2,505,600 left in this month.) 








No comments:

Post a Comment