Monday, April 9, 2018

When

                                                                                    photo credit


We are waitin by the back gate
my  old dog Nelly and me
wonderin when the thing will come
a mystery to me

The other guys they laugh and scoff
call me a right old fool
to think the best is 'round for me
they bein a tad to cruel

I'll prove them wrong you wait and see
they'll all be taken aback
when up the road they see the sight
they'll be trying another tack

I myself am patient see, 
I trust in contracts given
it ain't the time to be let down
after all the plans I've striven

Nelly and me we'll wait and see
with never a heavy heart
'cause when that thing comes up the road
the funs agonna start



Ellecee






Inspired by today's prompt from

imaginary garden with real toads


for









13 comments:

  1. Ooh! I'm excited and scared to see too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I myself am patient see,
    I trust in contracts given...
    I sure hope his patience is rewarded!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping it isn't something supplied by the Government - he'll be gate side for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I m dying to see what happens next!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what's about to come....I hope the wait is over soon !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hoping it is a friendly thing! That doesnt eat dogs! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the waiting with Nelly. It is as if What is coming is not nearly as important as the waiting with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love his optimistic voice ... and I fear he has gone and bought the London Bridge or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how this reads like s short story. I think you chose the best part to encapsulate, and the voice oaths sings! Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm ready to see this thing come down the road. I rhinking that couple's fortune depends on that happening. I am most curious over whether it is beast or machine.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would not doubt Nelly. If she's in, so am I.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked your write, enjoyed reading! And I want to see, too!

    ReplyDelete